Commemorating the bravery of the pilots and aircrew of the PBY Catalina “The Black Eagle,” Cockpit USA’s Black Eagle USN G-1 Flight Jacket is a unique, yet functional must for your outdoor wardrobe.
One of the many PBY aircraft that flew night stealth missions, the Black Eagle squadrons became known as the “Black Cats” during WWII.
In the warmer weather of the South Pacific, pilots modified their jackets by removing fur collars, adorning them with hand painted back nose art, bomb symbols and aerial victory flags indicating the number of missions the crew flew.
Add this jacket to your wardrobe, and you’re sure to make an impact, wherever you go.
Each jacket is unique and its distress vegetable tanning may vary from production to production.
- Hand treated vintage goatskin leather
- Lightweight lining with an embroidered and silk screened Black Cats appliqué
- Bi-swing back with screen printed Black Eagles nose art
- Black Cats chest patch
- Left sleeve leather appliqué CBI patch
- Two front flap pockets
- Inside snap close pocket
- Knit cuffs and waistband
- This is a regular fit jacket
- Available in brown
- Made in the USA