Perhaps no moment of American History inspires more pride than the part our country played in the liberation of Europe, begun on D-Day, June 6th, 1944.
Cockpit USA partnered with the pilots, crews, and sponsors of the D-Day Squadron for the 75th Anniversary of the June 6th, 1944 D-Day-Invasion of Normandy France, to liberate German occupied Europe.
The “D-Day Squadron” as they call themselves, is the largest assembly of authentic WWII C-47 military transport aircraft and paratroopers since that fateful day. This jacket was created to honor the 75th anniversary of the service and sacrifice of the American soldiers who risked all to bring about the end of WWII in Europe.
The Cockpit USA design team took special care in developing this 75th Anniversary Limited Edition D-Day Jacket for the pilots, crew, and sponsors who are participating in the largest WWII tribute of it’s kind.
• 100% hardwearing military grade brown horsehide
• Cotton poplin russet colored lining
• Snap down collar
• Underarm ventilation grommets
• Brass front zipper under wind flap
• Two front flap snap pockets
• Knit cuffs and waistband
• Limited Edition Commemorative Embroidered D-Day Squadron patch sewn to right front chest
• Silk Screen-printed applique patch of General Dwight D. Eisenhower’s order-of–the–day issued to soldiers, sailors, and airmen of the allied Expeditionary Force as they embarked on the invasion of Europe
• This is a regular fit jacket
• Proudly made in the USA.
Please note this jacket is limited to 100 pieces
Since Cockpit USA items are made in the USA, please expect delivery within 2-3 weeks if your size is back ordered as they rush to produce. Should it take longer we will advise you personally. We appreciate your patience. Know that Cockpit USA produces the best quality flight apparel and we want to make sure you are satisfied.